Akamai, the intelligent edge platform for securing and delivering digital experiences, continues to focus on innovation by launching Cohort 2 of the Akamai Startup program.
Started in India in 2019, the Akamai Startup program leverages the startup ecosystem to drive Akamai's strategic priorities. The program focuses on supporting startups related to Akamai's core business and technology areas: cybersecurity, digital experiences, media, gaming, carrier, and IoT. A focused approach in sourcing the startups has helped Akamai unlock collaboration opportunities in the areas of co-innovation, license agreement, joint GTM, and equity investments.
"Looking at the booming startup ecosystem in India and APJ region, we built a structured program around collaboration with innovative B2B startups. We focused on developing a proof-of-concept with each of the startups we engage, so that the program experience is enriching for all," commented Prasad Mandava, Vice President Engineering and Managing Director, Akamai India.
During the program, Akamai supports startups in their entrepreneurial journey and helps them scale up to the next level by providing mentorship, proof-of-concept opportunity, meetings with global leaders in the company, and a $10,000 equity-free grant.
Meet the startups from the Akamai Startup program (Cohorts 1 and 2):
- SAFE Security (formerly Lucideus Technologies) is a cybersecurity and digital business risk quantification pioneer. SAFE Security recently got an opportunity to showcase its product to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Prarambh: Startup India International Summit.
- Myelin Foundry transforms visual experiences and personalized outcomes using proprietary AI algorithms for video, voice, and sensor data on consumer edge devices. Myelin Foundry was named by Inc42 as one of the deep-tech startups to watch out for.
- AiKaan is an application orchestration and device management platform for IoT Edge computing. It is working with clients in smart mobility, industrial IoT, and smart cities.
- CloudSEK (XVigil) is an AI-powered digital risk monitoring platform. It received the NASSCOM-DSCI Excellence award for Security Product Company of the Year 2020.
- Marsview is a trusted conversation intelligence platform for daily meetings, conversations, and interactions.
The year 2020 was one of survival and resilience for startups. We are looking at 2021 as a year of growth for startups and would like to invite them to apply for Akamai Cohort 3. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.